Some of the best lessons I’ve learned were when I was on the ground looking up. Something put me on my butt, and it was up to me as to what to do with the event. I could stay on the ground and flounder in the emotion that put me there, or I could stand up, brush myself off, assess the situation, and learn from it. Here are a few of my favorite lessons.
1. There are things that happen in my life that I just cannot fix. Learning to accept them leads to better things in the future.
2. Kindness is a mindset that changes the world.
3. Inspiration is all around me, if I just pay attention.
4. Money does not make the world go round.
5. You can’t save everyone. Some do not want to be saved.
6. I am responsible for my actions.
7. Listening is an acquired skill.
8. Bad things happen. That’s just part of life.
9. I learn more from listening than I do talking.
10. Seldom if ever has shooting my mouth off before thinking resulted in a positive outcome.
11. Intuition is one of the best tools I have in my tool kit of life. If something feels right, it typically is right. If something feel wrongs, it most likely is wrong.
12. Sometimes bad things just happen; however, the reaction and response is all mine.
13. Changing my thinking has definitely changed my life.
Have anything to add to the list?