Sep 7, 2018 | admin
We all know Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."
This is the military version...
1. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
2. Incoming fire has the right of way.
3. Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
4. There is always a way, and it usually doesn't work.
5. The problem with the easy way out is that it has already been mined.
6. Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
7. Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
8. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:
(a)when you're ready for them.
(b)when you're not ready for them.
9. Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
10. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenande is not our friend.
11. The enemy diversion you have been ignoring will be the main attack.
12. If your attack is going well, then it's an ambush.
13. If you draw fire, it irritates the people around you.
14. Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.
15. If you build yourself a bunker that's tough for the enemy to get into quickly, then you won't be able to get out of it quickly either.
16. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
17. If you're short of everything but the enemy, you're in a combat zone.
18. When you've secured the area, don't forget to tell the enemy.
19. Never forget that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder.
20. Friendly fire isn't.
21. Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.
22. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
23. Five second fuses only last 3 seconds.
24. Remember, a retreating enemy is probably just falling back and regrouping.
25. Everything always works in your HQ, everything always fails in the colonel's HQ.
26. The enemy never watches until you make a mistake.
27. A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
28. Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
29. The more a weapon costs, the farther you will have to send it away to be repaired.
30. Field experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
31. Interchangeable parts aren't.
32. No matter which way you have to march, its always uphill.
33. For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism (in boot camp).
34. The one item you need is always in short supply.
35. The worse the weather, the more you are required to be out in it.
36. The complexity of a weapon is inversely proportional to the IQ of the weapon's operator.
37. When reviewing the radio frequencies that you just wrote down, the most important ones are always illegible.
38. The tough part about being an officer is that the troops don't know what they want, but they know for certain what they DON'T want.
39. To steal information from a person is called plagiarism. To steal information from the enemy is called gathering intelligence.
40. When you have sufficient supplies and ammo, the enemy takes 2 weeks to attack. When you are low on supplies & ammo the enemy decides to attack that night.
41. A Purple Heart just goes to prove that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
42. If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.
Credit: This list was compiled from various sources. We do know own the rights to it.
If you like this news please share it to others and please post more good news for us.
Be the first to comment.